The installation of adhesive backed silicone sheet heater will be most successful with the following procedure:
- Surface must be unified, dry and free of contaminants
- Firm pressure must be applied to silicone rubber sheet in order to maximize surface contact
- Time and temperature will increase the surface contact and adhesion values
Recommended surface temperature is 70ºF to 100ºF (21ºC to 38ºC). Temperatures below 50ºF (10ºC) is not recommended for installation of adhesive backed rubber sheet.
- Prepare the surface of the part by cleaning with an appropriate agent to clean grease, dust and other contaminates from the surface.
- Carefully remove the peel sheet from the adhesive assuring as little contact with the adhesive surface as possible.
- Place the silicone heater pad and press firmly in place.
- Allow the adhesive to cure for 24 hours.
- If the adhesive backed rubber sheet heater will be outside and exposed to the weather it is best to use a small bead of silicone RTV around the perimeter once the heater is adhered to avoid having the edges “picked at” by the elements.
Do not allow adhesive to experience sustained temperatures in excess of 230°F.